According to my blog’s history, it has been over a month since my last post. I could claim all sorts of things like the fact that I needed to catch up on reading for school, or that I forgot about the blog for a while, or that I was too busy knitting to post anything, or maybe I forgot how to log in. Any of those things are possible (really only two of them are true), but the fact is that I really have no excuse for not blogging.
So, in case you’re wondering, here’s what’s happened in the last month.
- I knit furiously on the poncho for Miss O to get it finished in time for Thanksgiving. Mission accomplished.
- I knit furiously on something for Gabby – I made her a cute little hat with ear flaps to protect her ears when she has surgery – also to be finished by Thanksgiving. Mission accomplished.
- In between all the flurry of Thanksgiving knitting, I worked a little on something for me. Not finished yet.
- Read approximately 100 pages for school. Mission accomplished.
- Travelled to Atlanta for Thanksgiving, where the gifts for my two nieces were highly loved. Mission accomplished.
- Wrote a sermon to be handed in for class. Not as easy as it sounds. But, mission accomplished.
- Took a couple of Microsoft training classes in downtown Chicago. Lots of cool stuff learned, much, much more work created by myself.
- I’ve spent the last week shivering. It is COLD here. Really, really cold. Freezing cold. Negative numbers cold. So cold that all you can think about is heat. Which means, of course that I’ve had trouble thinking about my blog, or anything else for that matter.
- I’ve locked myself out of my house, which then caused me to wait outside for 90 minutes (freezing my toes off) for the locksmith to come, and when all was said and done I had to purchase and install a new doorknob/lock.
One of the fun things that I did over Thanksgiving was to take each of my nieces out for “Tia time” (that’s what they call it, ’cause they call me Tia, which means Aunt in Spanish). Olivia and I had our nails done (see last pic below). The first picture is of Gabby and her hat. She’s so cute. And just so none of you doubt that the poncho got finished, see the middle pic.
And there you have it. You’re all caught up with my life. Except to know that my final is next Tuesday and I’m feeling a little stressed and totally behind in studying. Wish me luck.