Since I finished the Sunset and now have some time for a new project, I thought I would go through my WIP bin (work in progress). I was itching for a lace project and – whoopee – I found this:
It is a wonderful sky-blue (which does not show up AT ALL in these photos) cotton and it looks as though I’ve already done a fair amount of knitting on it. If memory serves, I was getting that pattern down well and was rocking and rolling on it.
So I pulled out the pattern (that you can see in the top part of that image) and was trying to figure out where I had left off. I’m usually very good about marking my place and counting rows and such, thankfully. I was re-reading the instructions and then it dawned on me. Something was wrong. Here is a black and white of what the shawl *should* look like:
Can you spot the problem? No? Let me show you:
Hm…see it now? Yes, I appear to be missing a section. I have absolutely no idea how this happened. None. I counted the stitches on each side of my shawl and they exactly match – exactly, mind you – the count of where I indicated on the pattern that I had left off. Really, I don’t know what happened. I’m sure that I was knitting this pattern – I’m sure I have the correct pattern in mind and what I had knit really does look like the top part of this shawl. I just don’t know what happened to the third part.
*sigh* This is what happens, people, when you start a project and then let it linger for, oh, six months or more. Don’t Let This Happen To You! Finish those WIPs!
I even had a lovely little lifeline inserted where I had left off:
*sigh* Oh well.
This is NOT what you are supposed to do when you frog – it took me a while to get that one worked out, but in the end, the whole thing got frogged.
The only good thing about this process last night is now I get to go in search for a new pattern! Yey! And it feels as though I just purchased new yarn – bonus!