I am totally in favor of not making new years resolutions…this way they don’t get broken. Instead I would like to think of things as a goal…this is for the “competitive” side of me. So here are my top 10 goals for 2012:
- Finish at least 1 lace shawl…Blue Waves is a contender for this.
- Finish 1 pair of socks.
- Finish one sweater.
- Exercise at LEAST 3 days a week, setting more progressive goals each week. I plan on making a schedule of these progressions and posting them somewhere.
- Pay for the next 2 semesters at Trinity – Fall 2012 and Spring 2013, which will mean some $$ crunching.
- Purchase an iPad and/or 2 iPhones. I’m thinking the phones are a higher priority since my mom has been asking for one.
- Become more proficient in menu planning…and sticking to it. I think this will help the $$ crunching in #5 and will help with my weight as well.
- NOT purchase as much yarn. I will set a yarn budget (probably setting aside some money every month into an envelope and that will be that) and attempt to stick to it.
- Read more books. I’m not sure I can read as many books as Jane, but I’ve been slacking in this area for some time now and I would like to step it up. To achieve this end, I will probably purchase an Amazon Prime membership so that I can gain access to their “public library”…if it is not limited to Fire people, in which case this idea may not work. Will investigate.
- Make a quilt for Niece #1. I have the material…just need to cut and assemble.
Not lofty goals by any means…but hopefully they are achievable.