Here are some items for which I am thankful this year.
- My job. Nearly 5 years ago to the day I started my job at Lake Forest College. This job has challenged me in many good ways and has allowed me to continue my education at Trinity as well as purchase a home. In a time of great uncertainty and unemployment, I am thankful for this job – not to mention all the great people who I’ve met over the years.
- My family. I continue to be amazed at how blessed I am to have such a great relationship with my parents and my sister. I know far too many people who have not-so-great relationships with parents and/or siblings. I love my family dearly and am very thankful that they are in my life in an active and productive way.
- Creativeness. I think this shows up in my life in different ways, but I love being able to be creative but not necessarily artistic. 🙂
- Friends. A long time ago I didn’t have a great number of friends and none that I would really classify as “close”, but today I have an abundance of friends and I love each and every one of them (i.e. YOU). You all make me laugh and cry but most of all you love me for who I am, and I know that I am less than perfect and sometimes a little quirky, but that’s okay.
- My salvation.
- My iPod. Because I have chosen to live my life sans TV (*gasp*), I am thankful for this handy little device that allows me to listen to just about anything I want and that I can do so anywhere I go. It sure makes for a great workout at the gym or even a sleep aid for when I spend the night away from home. I love technology.
- Books. Without them life would be b-o-r-i-n-g!
What are you thankful for this year?