I started in on the puppy dog blanket (pattern here) last weekend and had to call my emergency sewing help line (aka Kate). She couldn’t figure it out either. I was using test material and the tension of the thread was totally off. My machine is new to me and I couldn’t figure it out either. So I ended up taking the machine in on Tuesday to JoAnn’s and the Viking lady helped me out. Seems like it was just a dull needle (who knew that needles should be changed every 8 hours of sewing? Not me, and not my mother either). Anyway, we got everything totally squared away and off I went sewing merrily along until…
…until Saturday. I woke up, started sewing and then realized that the bobbin was about to be out of thread. So I took it out, wound some more thread on it, put it back in, and boom! The machine started acting up again. I re-threaded the machine, I took out and put back in the bobbin and I even put a new needle on it (even though it was no where NEAR 8 hours of sewing time) and nothing. The tension on the bottom was completely off. So I did the only thing I could think of. I put my machine in time out.
For the whole day.
When I came back on Sunday (today), I took the bobbin out, put it back in and re-threaded the machine and..voila! It was working properly again. Let this be a lesson to you: if something isn’t working right…place it in time out.